Simple Ways to Keep you House Cool in the Summer
Don't sweat it out when you don't have to. Got your A/C running and still feel warm? Here are some tips that will help keep you and your home feeling cooler, will help reduce your energy bills and make you feel overall better on those hot summer days.
1. Make sure your HVAC System is running properly. If your A/C is running but just not keeping you cool then you may want to consider a maintenance check by a professional HVAC contractor. It could cost about $100 minimum but it could end up saving you money in the long run.
2. Window Treatments - Do your windows have drapes, shades, blind or other coverings? When the sun is blaring down on your home and in through the windows, the best thing to do is to cover them up. The bright morning sun and powerful sunsets brings the hottest sun into the house. Having good quality window treatments (and closing them when necessary) will really help keep the sun out and keep your house cooler.
3. Insulation- Having a sufficient amount of insulation in your attic and walls will help keep the cool air in your home. Without proper insulation, the air can easily escape your house, making you feel warm instead of cool.
4. Attic Ventilation- The air up in the attic can reach temperatures of up to 170 degrees in a poorly-ventilated attic; even when it's 80 degrees outside. Proper attic ventilation includes: installing gable, soffit, and roof vents along with attic fans. An attic fan works by blowing the hot air out so that you can feel much cooler.
5. Ceiling Fans- Ceiling fans work extremely well at bring an additional means for cool air circulation in your home. Ideally, you should have one in every room that you spend significant time in. Not only will you feel cooler and more comfortable, but your energy bills could decrease form not having to run your A/C as much.
Stay cool and stay calm and remember to install a programmable thermostat for additional energy savings.
Join Our Community!
Like what you see? Get a FREE account and start posting, sharing, and discovering more!
Have Questions? Contact Us!
Find out the answers to your questions by contacting us. We look forward to hearing from you!